The first few years of your child’s life, there are so many products out there to choose from it can often feel like you need to buy everything. As a Mom that has been through it and now has a strong knowledge base in all things infant sleep, I am going to list for you the products that are a worthwhile investment for you to get through the first years of your child’s life.
1. Blackout shades! There are some that are actually portable, such as The Gro Company Gro-Anywhere Blind
2. White noise sound machine. This product is a regular in our home and when we go on vacations. We all sleep better with the sound machine on; mimicking the peaceful sounds of the womb! Marpac Dohm Classic White Noise Sound Machine is my recommendation.
3. Halo Sleep Sacks Swaddle with the Velcro. These are fantastic to use the first 4 months of your baby’s life to help your baby feel safely snug just as they did in the womb. They also help create the optimal cool sleep environment that we need as humans. We used these with my daughter and it helped her start sleeping longer stretches at night!
4. Baby Merlin’s Magic Sleep Suit for when you want to make the transition out of the swaddle blankets. Sure your kid may look like the marshmallow puff man from Ghost Busters, but this thing actually works to dull the startle reflex!
5. East Baby Travelers- Separate and organize your baby/toddler supplies into their matching Easy Baby Traveler organizers, then place your Easy Baby Travelers in any bag you want to call a diaper bag. These travelers are the biggest time saver for a busy parent! Added bonus is that the owner of this company is my friend Danielle! https://www.easybabytravelers.com
If you have any other questions about recommended and worthwhile products to purchase in those first few years of life, feel free to reach out to me at Emily@peacefulsleepconsulting.com or (203) 568-7967